How do I make Windows 10 apps fill my screen?

I have upgraded to Windows 10. It might just be me doing something wrong, but when I click any of the tiles in the Start menu the apps launch but they are not full screen, so I can see my wallpaper in the background. Is this a fault? Is it possible to make Windows 10’s apps run in full-screen mode?

This isn’t a fault, it’s how Windows 10 is designed to work. Even so-called Modern-style apps written specifically for Windows 8.1 and 10 now launch into a window, in exactly the same way as programs did in Windows 7 and earlier versions of the operating system.

And, just as in older versions of Windows, you can click an app window’s Maximise button to make it fi ll the screen – it’s the small square at the top right, just to the left of the cross. If you do this in a specific app and then close the app by clicking the cross, that app will launch in full-screen mode the next time you launch it. Clicking the Minimise button (the underscore symbol to the left of the Maximise button) will restore a window to its previous size.

You can also do this using keyboard shortcuts. Pressing Win+up arrow maximises the current window, while Win+down arrow restores it to its previous size. A second tap of Windows key+down arrow will minimise the app to the Windows Taskbar.


Apps in Windows 10 will not open in full-screen mode

Source from Computer Magazine

1 Response to "How do I make Windows 10 apps fill my screen?"

best school in tirunelveli | properties for sale in trichy | house for sale in tirunelveli | web design company in tirunelveli | sourcing company in india